Monday, May 18, 2009

I love getting Old!

I just had a birthday recently, and I just don’t get it? I like getting OLD! That’s right I like it! Most people I know don’t. They either have problems with how they look, feel, or what they haven’t accomplished in their life.

As small children we love birthdays, and rightly so. We are getting closer to “you will understand when your older”, or “you can’t do that until your older” plus it’s all about family, friends, presents, and cake. Then you start into your teens and early twenties and it’s all about FUN! Drinking fun and I can pretty much do what I want, so screw you Old Man/Lady fun! Then the late twenties and the rest of the high numbers start rolling in. Drinking isn’t as much fun anymore because the recovery time takes way to long, and now you’re that Old Man/Lady!

I think it’s pretty much the same anxieties for a man, or woman about getting older. We each just have different areas that we worry about, and we certainly have different ways of dealing with aging. I have seen some pretty funny and scary ways of people trying to deal with their aging, but I try not to judge.

How come I like getting old? Some of you might say to yourselves “that’s not what he means because no one likes getting old”, but I will try to explain myself. When I turned twelve I knew I would be thirty. That’s it.

Looks: I know with age I have become better looking.

Feel: I know with age how I feel is due to what I did in the past, and what I do in the future.

Accomplishment: I know with age I have not stopped accomplishing, but only have new endeavors to begin.

So I just don’t get it when people say they don’t like getting old.

2 comments:

  1. You know what I have to say about this, right?! Actually, I'm glad you feel this way. But there is no way on earth I will ever be happy to get old. Unlike SOME people, I am NOT getting better looking with age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on now! "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." as the saying goes. Right? ;)

    ReplyDelete